New Evergreen Card

If you have an old, non-Evergreen library card you’ll be asked to re-register for a new card. This new card is at no cost to you. To help speed things along, please download and fill out the following registration form and bring it with you the next time you’re in the Danville Public Library. Remember to bring a government issued photo ID and proof of residence in Center Township.

Printable Patron Registration Form

Residents of Danville or Center Township are eligible for a library card. Children may get a library card if they are at least 3 years old. You are responsible for all materials that are checked out on your card. Lost or stolen cards should be reported to the library. There is a $2.00 replacement fee.

To apply, you must supply a picture ID that shows your current address. If your picture ID does not have your current address, we will also accept one of the following:

  • -a utilities bill or piece of mail showing your current address
  • -a personal check showing your current address
  • -a current property tax statement showing that you pay your taxes in Danville or Center Township (the town of Danville is in District 17; Center Township is in District 2).

If you are not a resident of Center Township, but do own property in Center Township, you can get a library card–just bring your current property tax statement.

Nonresident (Out-of-Township Cards)

There are 5 townships in Hendricks County (Eel River, Franklin, Marion, Middle and Union) where the residents do not pay a tax for library service. If you are a resident of one of these townships, you must pay a fee ($74 in 2016) for a library card. This card is called an OTS card and is valid for one year from the date of purchase. When you get an OTS card, all members of your immediate family can also get a card at no additional expense.

Public Library Access Cards (PLAC)

If you have a library card, you may purchase the state library card, PLAC, for a fee ($65 in 2016). The PLAC card is only given to individuals and is valid for one year from date of purchase. It entitles you to check out materials from any library in the state of Indiana (excluding Hendricks County libraries–see Reciprocal Borrowers Cards).

If you have any questions concerning addresses, boundaries, etc., please contact the Circulation Department –phone (317) 745-2604 ext. 150.; e-mail

Reciprocal Borrowers Cards (RB)

The 6 libraries in Hendricks County (Avon, Brownsburg, Coatesville, Clayton, and Danville) have an agreement (subject to review each year) allowing card holders from one library in the county to become card holders at another library in the county without any additional fee. You must present your library card at the other libraries. They will check to see that you are a card holder in good standing (e.g. no unpaid fines) and then issue you a card for their library. Materials must be returned to the library where they were checked out.

If you have any questions concerning this service, please contact the Circulation Department –phone (317) 745-2604 ext. 150.; e-mail